Monday, March 18, 2013

Zooming... Sweet Jesus Help Me... Go. Fight. Win!

Kairos T.G.I.H. Offerings


My name is Haley Ann Hobart, soon to be Mrs. James K Jones. I'm relatively new to the world of Kairos, so in some ways it feels as if I am looking from the Outside in at this place and the people that have been creating 'Special Moments' for people over 7 years. I love the meaning of the word Kairos; Gods appointed or special time. As I have heard story after story from James, as well as other Kairos Fans about these special moments in time, it has struck me that these moments came to be because of all the moments in between, the Process. Quite frankly, a lot of times these 'in-between' moments that happen in the Process just plain suck. They're hard. Very Hard. If you have heard any prison stories from James, or maybe when he had to sell his house and couldn't afford rent when starting Kairos. Or when I decided to sell my house, resign my 7-year career, spent $15,000 to move back to the U.S. but then couldn't find a job, had no health insurance and discovered a tumor the size of a lime in my neck.  How 'bout those Kairos moments? The funny thing is, I think they are.... Kairos indeed. Because All things WORK TOGETHER for Good. Sometimes I find myself 'zoomed in' on particular times or experiences in my life whether it be the great ones, or even the not so great ones that have unfolded in the process of my Life, which can be good, and even helpful. However I've found that it's imperative for me to 'zoom out' every once in a while as well. Get a little different perspective. Being a relatively new Kairos Fan, it's seems easier for me to look at Kairos with more of a zoomed out perspective. Hearing about its humble beginnings, the sacrifices, the victories, the failures, the restoration, and everything in between. One of the key players in the Kairos inner circle told me recently, "there is no reason why Kairos should still be in business today". Well guess what? They are.
2005 Began construction on a corner of the former “Ollie’s BBQ” Building
2006 Squeaked open against all odds
2007 Endured the long painful process of getting people to know Kairos existed
2008 In the midst of a great economic collapse Kairos saw the biggest growth spurt
2009 Expanded Kairos to include Special Events, and contracts for organizations
2010 Began partnering with The Foundry- in business and ministry
2011 Decided to expand. Eyes on Hoover or Gardendale
2012 Opened in Gardendale. Closed in Gardendale six months later
2013 Began again with a clear Mission, and many lessons from failed attempts
The Good. The Bad. The Ugly. The Delicious. The Beautiful. Look how far it's come. May the Kairos Moments continue to roll!

Deciding to 'say yes' and be joined forever and ever amen to a Chef- does not really help a girl out when it comes to working on her fitness. Sweet Jesus help me. Especially since we're getting married NEXT month! Needless to say, I was thrilled when James told me he had created and was debuting a T.G.I.H. (Thank God it's Healthy) salad on Fox 6 last week. The salad was 'off the chain' on the Delicious Goodness scale- and definitely a healthier option compared to other Kairos specialties. So I suggested expanding the T.G.I.H. options- possibly put them on the menu, James seemed to think people wouldn't order them, is this true?? Come on people, help a sister out! J Chicken -N- Dumplings, Kobbler’s, Granny's this, Mee-Maw’s that.... make no mistake about it, it's all finger 'lickin' delightful party in your mouth' kind a-good. However, you must agree that when you're getting married in 6 weeks and are trying to lose a few LB's..... Ain't NOBODY got time for that. I'm proposing adding to the T.G.I.H. Menu! Understandably so, James needs to know that people are interested in healthier options, and will actually order them. Therefore, I ask you Kairos Newsletter Readers, will you?


James K Jones and Haley Ann Hobart. Who would have thunk it? Not me. That's for sure. James and I could not have walked more different paths in this life, up to this point. Our backgrounds could not be more different. We've been a world apart (literally). Yet here I sit, typing away as I look at this beautiful diamond ring on my finger- and my heart never feeling quite as full as it does now. There was an appointed Kairos moment in time- we connected. We were brought together in Perfect timing according to The Perfect Plan. I've always loved the concept of marriage, and wanted a family. I had a great example of it growing up. My parents have truly 'gone before me' and lived out an example of what I want my marriage to look like in many ways. Not perfect, by any stretch. Transparent, vulnerable, real- but equally as important; determined, passionate, and steadfast. However, when I really got down to it, thinking about walking down the aisle into the arms of a man that would be the head of my household, forever and EVER. Hold up people, wait a minute- that was kind of a hard pill to swallow. Yikes. Until James. With undeniable and purposeful design, he was placed into my life. There are hundreds of details, big and small, that that make us The Perfect fit, through & through. But most importantly, I trust James to Lead me, Lead us, and our family. Not because he is all-knowing and smarter than me- but because he has resigned himself to the fact that he does not have all the answers and therefore keeps himself in tune with The One Who does. We're super excited about sharing more of our story soon- stay tuned... James & Haley Blogspot is coming your way! You're going to want to hear The Good, The Bad, The Ugly, The Beautiful & Delicious Goodness of our Story.

Hope it's an awesome week that Exceeds your Expectations!  

Very Soon To Be:)
Missus James K Jones

Go.Fight.Win.
Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment